Stanthorpe Twin Shox 19/20 August 2017 - advice please?

News & last-minute updates for trials events. Need directions? Ask in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve S
C grade participant
C grade participant

Stanthorpe Twin Shox 19/20 August 2017 - advice please?

Postby Steve S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:02 am

Hi Folks
I will be attending the Aug 19/20 Twin Shox event near Stanthorpe this weekend, as a photographer. I have only attended one trials event so far (see my Boonah thread), so I need a little help to make the weekend successful.

The biggest challenge I faced at the first event was being in the right place at the right time. Without a map, I had to wait till riders moved off to the next section, then follow behind. This made catching the early and tail-end riders very hard. When I photograph rallies, which are kind of similar, I generally skip one or two stages in order to catch everybody through stage one and then be in place to catch the first runners through stage three, for instance.

So, may I ask if a map of the course is available? Also, will Sunday be a repeat of Saturday, using some or all of the previous day's sections?

Lastly, this one appears to be a bigger event than the Boonah trial, so will it be necessary for me to sign-on as a photographer if I'm to access the sections for photo purposes? If so, could somebody let me have a contact number or email for the organiser(s) please?

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Twinshock200
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Classics & Twinshock
Club: SQTA

Re: Stanthorpe Twin Shox 19/20 August 2017 - advice please?

Postby Twinshock200 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Steve, check out the phone numbers I gave you in the Boonah Overflow thread, they are two of the organisers and they will help you.
Galps

Pre 65 Classic bikes

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Contact Justin Gough 0412 349 877 if you need to

There is often a map at the scoring tent in the hours before the rising starts (to show the riders how to find the sections).

The riding doesn't start until lunch time on Saturday so there would be plenty of time for you to look at the sections before the riders start. The sections probably won't be as spread out as at the trial at Boonah and they are close to the camping area.
I will be camping Friday night (Silver Hyundai delivery van) and would be happy to walk the sections with you on Saturday morning if you need a guide
Regards
David Lahey

relax, nothing is under control

Steve S
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby Steve S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Twinshock200 wrote:Steve, check out the phone numbers I gave you in the Boonah Overflow thread, they are two of the organisers and they will help you.
Galps

Thanks, will do.

Steve S
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby Steve S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:57 pm

David Lahey wrote:Contact Justin Gough 0412 349 877 if you need to

There is often a map at the scoring tent in the hours before the rising starts (to show the riders how to find the sections).

The riding doesn't start until lunch time on Saturday so there would be plenty of time for you to look at the sections before the riders start. The sections probably won't be as spread out as at the trial at Boonah and they are close to the camping area.
I will be camping Friday night (Silver Hyundai delivery van) and would be happy to walk the sections with you on Saturday morning if you need a guide
Regards
David Lahey

Thanks David. I won't be getting there till midday Saturday so, if there's a map at the scoring tent I'll take a look at it. Hopefully, being a two-day event, I'll have plenty of time to get around.

Return to “Event news”