2015 Aussie Titles Update

News & last-minute updates for trials events. Need directions? Ask in here.

Moderator: Moderators

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

2015 Aussie Titles Update

Postby paulm » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Pacific Park will host The Australian Moto Trials Championships at the fantastic South Maroota venue on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th August 2015. Classes - will be as per MoMS and will include:

Senior
1. Open Solo
2. Sidecar
3. Classic (pre 65)
4. Classic Special (Pre 68)
5. Post Classic
6. Youth 16 to under 21 years
7. Veteran-Aged 40 to 49 years
8. Veteran-Aged 50 to 59 years
9. Veteran-Aged 60 years and over
10. Masters – Aged 35 and over
11. Women
12. Air Cooled Mono Shock

Junior
1. Junior 7 to under 13 years (Up to 125cc )
2. Junior Open 13 to under 16 years (Up to 125cc)
3. Junior Women 7 to under 16 years (Up to 125cc)

Sections
30 sections are being planned for use across the two days (15 on each day) Lines and splits will be determined nearer the event but section severity will be set to ensure that the vast majority of riders enjoy the weekend.

Section viewing
Taking a leaf from the ‘Book of World Trials’, the sections will be open for rider inspection on Friday 28th August from around 10:00 am to 1:00 pm (TBC) giving participants the opportunity to view and walk the sections ahead of time.

The highly experienced section setting team (headed up by Martin O’Connor and including Kristie McKinnon and Gary Boniface) will be on hand to take any constructive rider feedback about major issues such as safety but please respect the intent here, Section viewing is available to help smooth out any major issues and progress through the event but it’s not an opportunity to attempt a course “re-design”.

Award presentation
It is planned to have the award presentation as soon as possible (hopefully within 30 minutes) of the sections closing on Sunday afternoon. Please note there will be no formal presentation dinner Food and beverage concessions will be hand throughout the weekend and no doubt there will be an ‘Unofficial After Party’ for those looking to kick on…

Other activities
A number of additional activities are being planned for the Titles weekend including ‘Ride and Try’ opportunities for newcomers, Classic and Post Classic Static Displays, ‘Trade Alley’ machine and accessory sales and a number of food and drink concessions to name but a few.

Supporting events
A number of supporting events are also in the planning stages.

Sunday 23rd AugustThe Sherco Women’s Cup and Howard Wallace Masters Shield will be held at Fairbairn Park Canberra. All classes will be catered for with the focus on the Women’s Classes and the Masters Class. For those of you who don’t know the Fairbairn Park venue it’s well worth the trip. Most sections include significant elements of ‘man made’ obstacles set in a couple of hectares near Canberra airport. Great riding and brilliant spectating.

This Event will also be a round of the NSW Trials Championships which is expected to be a 2-3 round series in 2015.

Wednesday 25th Training Camp Pacific Park (Details TBC)

Saturday 5th Sunday 6th September NSW Classic and Twinshock Trials Championships Denman MCC will host the 2015 NSW Classic and Twinshock Trials Championships at the same venue they have used with such great success over the last 3 seasons.

The trial will provide sections for a wide variety of skill levels including lines for A, B, C, Clubman and Junior riders.

Machine classes will include:
1. Classic (pre 65)
2. Classic Special (Pre 68)
3. Post Classic

Please note that will be no classes for modern bikes so dust off that old girl hiding in the back of the shed – get it on the Static Display over the Aussie Titles weekend and ride it at NSW Titles the following weekend.

That’s it for now… We’ll keep you all informed as things are firmed up but please feel free to use this post to ask questions and we’ll get back to you answers.

Posted on behalf of the “Combined Clubs of NSW”

bgradesherco
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Sherco 290

Re: 2015 Aussie Titles Update

Postby bgradesherco » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:06 am

My 2 cents, MA really need to lift their game and include a grade for 21-35 year olds who aren't able/willing to ride Open Solo. There is a huge group of riders here who every time the Aussie titles roll around they are either forced to ride a Twinshock or miss out. I'm surprised there isn't a grade B or similar seeing as when it was run in 2000 there was 19 entrants and in 2001(in Perth!!) there was 13 entrants.

Surely the entry fees of an extra 13-19 riders has to be a huge boost for the promoter seeing as the lines are already in the section.

jml
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Gas Gas Racing 125
Club: Wollongong Motor Cycle Club

Postby jml » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:18 pm

bgradesherco wrote:21-35 year olds who aren't able/willing to ride Open Solo

How much more difficult is say, Open Solo Clubman vs Club level Clubman?

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby paulm » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi bgradesherco

I hope you don't see this as a copout but the NSW Combined Clubs are running the event under the 'rules' as we have them. However - by all means use this post to generate interest in the concept you raise and hopefully you can generate enough support to change things for 2016.

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby paulm » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi jml

In theory there should be no differentiations between the difficulty of sections for a Club event vs a National Title. Section 'severity' tends to be determined by the section setters and I guess human nature often prevails - probably wrongly- that because it is an 'Open' it should be harder.

With reference to the 2015 titles, unfortunately there is no Clubman class available. Open Solo sections are set at Red/Green level and the grade is intended for A grade and Expert riders.

bgradesherco
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Sherco 290

Postby bgradesherco » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:52 pm

paulm wrote:Hi bgradesherco

I hope you don't see this as a copout but the NSW Combined Clubs are running the event under the 'rules' as we have them. However - by all means use this post to generate interest in the concept you raise and hopefully you can generate enough support to change things for 2016.

Hi Paul, I don't view it as a copout, I am just trying to suggest the rules be altered to allow for a few more competitors at what should arguably be Australia's Premier Moto-Trials event. After all it is stipulated in the MOMS that Open Solo can be subdivided in to A, B, C and Clubman classes. Reading thru the list of classes available to ride I notice that apart from Open Solo, almost all the classes are age of rider or age/type of bike dependent. Its my belief that a lower solo Class (call it whatever you please) set to a C/B line would be quite popular with a lot of riders.

picktas
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Ossa
Club: TMTC

Postby picktas » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi BGradeSherco
I support the inclusion of a grade for 21 to 35 year olds riding modern bikes.
I have made a submission to the Trials Commissioners last year - it was rejected - go figure!
If there are enough 21 to 35 year olds interested we could try again. Commissioners do change from time to time.
You can have a copy of it, if you or anyone else wants to try to get this grade up for 2016.

It makes sense on so many levels
- Including (not excluding) this large group who already own modern bikes.
- provides more entry fees to help the organizing club run the nationals....for no extra work.
- should help encourage this age group to stay in trials, some may get to Open solo level if they stick at it.
- should help the dealers sell more bikes if we can retain this age group.
- provides a career path for these riders similar to what we have done for our female riders.
- Helps the the next generation of Trials riders make new friends interstate in the trials community.

Clearly Open Solo is the ultimate grade to ride in - but only a select few riders will ever ride at this level.
Creating a "Solo B" class for 21 to 35 year old's will not detract from the skill and wizardry that these riders demonstrate.

We need to grow this wonderful sport - come on lets include these riders in a suitable grade.

Ian

Regards
Picktas

Betaman
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BETA! wtf ;0)
Club: AJS Mcc

Postby Betaman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Anyone know what the weather does over there in August? Looks like we're entering. 8)
Got no friggin idea on whether to swag it or bring the caravan as well if its going to be wet and miserable like it is here at that time of year. :P

Just my 2 cents worth.....or was that 1 cent???!!!
http://throttlethrasher.blogspot.com.au/

My Videos - My Club

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: SHerco, TY250
Club: Wollongong

Postby Stu » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:09 pm

As a long time Clubman rider, where do I fit in to ride in the OZ Titles? Can I afford to ride the B Grade lines again in Post Classic, or try my luck in Veterans Class with the Sherco? I ride to enjoy and do the best I can, but I dont like to damage myself or the bike due to the unrealistic sections outside my control.

Feet up, as always!

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby paulm » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:20 am

Anyone know what the weather does over there in August? Looks like we're entering.

It's usually fine in late August but it can still get cold at night. I'd be bringing more than just a swag...

Cheers Paul Mac

Return to “Event news”