cross training

The place to discuss your riding techniques.

Moderator: Moderators

gordonmichaellee
B grade participant
B grade participant

cross training

Postby gordonmichaellee » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:20 am

I own a montesa 315 and a Honda ct 185 ( farmers ag bike) I am supprised how good the ct is at trials, and also how much better I ride the montesa through a section having had a few goes on the ag bike first. I also own an xr 600 and the same aplies. I have a go, can't do it and then easily do it on the montesa. Does anyone else use this method of training.

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: cross training

Postby David Lahey » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:32 pm

Not exactly the same, almost the opposite actually. I have found that if I practice on a modern trials bike, my level of confidence riding a twinshock trials bike seems higher than it was before the riding on the modern trials bike.
Another thing I've noticed is that of I do some off-road training on my mountain bike (bicycle), my trials (motorcycle) riding is totally out-of-whack for about the first 20 minutes.

relax, nothing is under control

Trango
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: gas gas 300
Club: WDTC

Re: cross training

Postby Trango » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:22 pm

I have a TTR 250 enduro bike that I use as a fitness cross trainer. I do not ride trials terrain with it but I ride it at speed on a very tight, very rough enduro loop. I find it works my body in a similar way to trials but is much more intense physically.

Return to “Trials Tips & Techniques”