Moderator: Moderators

Dirt_drifter
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Gg280
Club: Wmcc

Ride park fees

Postby Dirt_drifter » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:46 pm

Noticed my local club and favorite place to practice has put it's practice fees up to $30. If I was riding mx i would have no problem with this as they are putting a stack of $$$$ into the complex and track maintenance. As a trials rider it is starting to look expensive considering all we need is some scrub.

dms111
Junior participant
Junior participant

Re: Ride park fees

Postby dms111 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Do you attend the club meetings? Get on the committee or at least support them by attending the meetings. If you had gone to the meetings you may have stopped the rate increase if you stated your case.

To all riders. Support your club committee, attend the meetings!

Dirt_drifter
C grade participant
C grade participant

Re: RE: Re: Ride park fees

Postby Dirt_drifter » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:38 am

dms111 wrote:Do you attend the club meetings? Get on the committee or at least support them by attending the meetings. If you had gone to the meetings you may have stopped the rate increase if you stated your case.

To all riders. Support your club committee, attend the meetings!

Trials is one of many sports I'm involved in. I don't have time for club politics, i do appreciate the people that generously give there time though.
The rate increase wouldn't bother me one bit if i was still riding MX. It just seems a little hot for trials given how much it costs the club.

sybella
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Honda

Postby sybella » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Maybe you could find a property and offer that to your club at a price that suits you .I am puzzled with your 2nd excuse for not wanting to be involved with your club. The other involvements might be your calling. Trials only works with ALL club members being active

Dirt_drifter
C grade participant
C grade participant

Re: RE: Re: Ride park fees

Postby Dirt_drifter » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:24 am

sybella wrote:Maybe you could find a property and offer that to your club at a price that suits you .I am puzzled with your 2nd excuse for not wanting to be involved with your club. The other involvements might be your calling. Trials only works with ALL club members being active

I would love to be more involved in my club. Unfortunately I also live 1h away. I thought that by participating I was also helping the sport/club in some way.
Btw initial post was referring to practice fees not event fees.

jml
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Gas Gas Racing 125
Club: Wollongong Motor Cycle Club

Postby jml » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:03 am

If you're referring to Wollongong's price rise to $30 for general riding, I feel your pain. During the holidays If I plan on riding 2 times a week, I'm looking at $240/mo in riding fees which is steep to say the least for someone who is using what is essentially unusable land for all other disciplines. I attended the AGM for WMCC held a few months ago and the entrance fee discussion was brought up. I believe it's in the pipeline to reduce pricing once they have a mechanism to allow digital sign-on. I would also assume at that point they would have some ability to add some granularity to their pricing, or at least reward those who ride often with discounted entrance fees.

The other problem I brought up at the AGM was how the practise fees from all disciplines (Trials/Enduro/MX) are lumped together under Motocross entrance fees. Although they do split up Competition entrance fees for Trials, the total for trials competition fees was around $1000 for the year, during last season I visited the park at least 20-25 times for practise which is nearly $500 that went straight into the Motocross kitty and doesn't accurately represent the Trials community. Trials should have both a Competition and a General Entrance/Practise kitty so it's obvious how often Trials riders are using the facility.

Return to “Waiting in the queue”