APPIN OPEN

Comments and discussions on front page news articles.

Moderator: Moderators

Bill_Guthrie
Junior participant
Junior participant
Club: Bankstown Wiley Park

APPIN OPEN

Postby Bill_Guthrie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:29 am

We have been trying for twelve months to get Moto Trials in NSW back to some reasonable state with a lot of help from a small group of people, without a lot of success judging by the reponse to the Appin Open, its to hot , its to late, its to hard.

We have a new venue with new sections, easy main road access, on site catering on site toilets, on site medic's it would appear to have everything that some one wanting to ride their bike would want.

During 2007 we started a change because riders complained about having 1 Open meeting scheduled was not good for them and the sport

To have 5 entry's for an open meeting just seems to reflect the general lack of interst in NSW.

Before we start to look at a calender for 2009 the NSW Moto Trials community needs to decide what it wants. At the moment if there is not a dramatic change in the interst for Open Events the promoters involed for 2009 would be silly if the did not reconsider their position.

May be we are just getting to old and to tired and it is time to go fishing.

Bill Guthrie

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

Re: APPIN OPEN

Postby paulm » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:15 pm

Hey Bill

Ditto sorry mate - Nationals got in the way - entry in the post now.

Paul Mac

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

Postby paulm » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Hey Bill

Meant to say in my last post - I'm sure I speak for a lot of us here, we know you guys have put in a huge effort to provide a fantastic Open series in NSW this year - it's no excuse for us being slack a#$#'s but don't give up on us yet...

Paul Mac

sdeane01
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Sherco
Club: TCC

Postby sdeane01 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:07 pm

I sent my entry today.

I also know of a few others who are coming.
I also would like to thank the hard workers who promote and organise our trials. So a big thank you to you all. :D =D>

CRAFTY
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby CRAFTY » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:43 pm

Hey Bill
Im coming so is Mick and Sam Rummery

Glenn

Twinshock
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby Twinshock » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:03 am

Hi Bill
Enthusiasm was waning amongst organisers in Qld till a bunch of guys and gals decided to branch out on their own and we set up a new club, Southern Qld Trials Association Inc, (SQTA), unaffiliated to MA/Q, setup our own rules and regulations concentrating on simplicity and rider cost reduction whilst maintaining safety standards.
We were tired of complying with over regulation and the costs of being involved with affilliation. We've run two events in the last 5 weeks and have another November 30th, all fully observed sections which is a pre-requisite in our sport,,,, watch us next year.
Cheers
Twinshock

Return to “News article discussion”