Allowable carburetors for vintage trials

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

brent j
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: RL250
Club: Darwin motorcyle club

Allowable carburetors for vintage trials

Postby brent j » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:59 pm

I haven't looked into the rules of vintage trials but can someone put me straight on allowable carbs.

I have an RL250 Suzuki and at some stage I hope to head to the East Coast to ride a few vintage trials events.

The RL has carb issues, I can sleeve the original carb, fit a smaller carb or buy a replacement. I've read that the OKO kit addresses the fueling issues but is it ok for vintage events.

Going to a smaller spigot mount carb has it's appeal as it's so much easier to change jetting, just swiveling the carb as opposed to removing it but fitting a kit including a new carb seems a good long term solution

Thanks for any thoughts

Brent

Bully fanatic
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Bultaco sherpa T
Club: westerndistricttrialsclub

Re: Allowable carburetors for vintage trials

Postby Bully fanatic » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi Brent. Yes the OKO carbies are fine. An RL Suzuki is in the Post Classic class not the Classic class and there is no restrictions on carbs in the Post Classic class. Any modern carb is okay. Graham.

brent j
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: RL250
Club: Darwin motorcyle club

Re: Allowable carburetors for vintage trials

Postby brent j » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:28 pm

Bully fanatic wrote:Hi Brent. Yes the OKO carbies are fine. An RL Suzuki is in the Post Classic class not the Classic calss and there is no restrictions on carbs in the Post Classic class. Any modern carb is okay. Graham.

Thanks

I read MOM's (as I should have done in the first place) and couldn't see they were excluded.

I'm used to complying with CMX rules which are much more complicated

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”