My Montesa 349 Project

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Kombivan
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 349 Cota
Club: NA

Re: Montesa 349 Project

Postby Kombivan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:50 am

The gear lever shaft seal for the 348 and series one 349 are different to the later 349's and are the same as a seal made by chev for the chevy Comaro 5 speed toploader box not sure what year model chevy etc but chev make the seal :montesa :idea:

A 350 Macio Piston is the same piston as the 349 Montesa again I dont know what year model etc. :montesa :idea:

Kombivan
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Kombivan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:57 pm

Kombivan
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Kombivan » Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 pm

Kombivan
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Kombivan » Wed May 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Kombivan
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Kombivan » Wed May 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Greg Harding
Golden Basket of Smiles
Golden Basket of Smiles
Bike: NUMEROUS
Club: LRMTC & SQTA

Postby Greg Harding » Fri May 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

Bill, your :montesa is looking really good! It is always nice bolting on the shiny bits and seeing it all come together. Dropping the motor in must be a breeze with the removable frame pieces?

Must be getting closer to ride day? :D :D

2017 Newsflash: RUST IS THE NEW BLING !
Team Hardwood, the only licenced trials riders in Coffs Harbour!
Miles of Smiles
Greg Harding

Kombivan
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Kombivan » Sat May 09, 2015 10:12 pm

The Barrel is the later model barrel and has the 8mm studs gotta be drilled and threaded for the 10mm studs to fit the head on its 1st size new barrel piston etc and conrod and bearings and seals through out. I am not a mechanic so a friend is doing it for me as a fill in job. Ever since I took the head off my first 175 yamaha I haven't dared do the mechanicals on a bike except timing etc I have sourced all the parts though. That Vallmoto got lots of stuff and made what they didn't have order took 9 months for my other one still one set of bits hasn't arrived but they are pretty honest company for those that wish to know . Inmotion and southwest Montesa got me bits also Jeff Nolan from Vintage Dirt Bikes no trading any more are just some of the people that have helped me get this together. Will have to make a proper list one day.

Kombivan
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Kombivan » Sat May 09, 2015 10:18 pm

The Fork tubes are also late model 349 with 3 stage springs standard.

Kombivan
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Kombivan » Mon May 18, 2015 3:03 am

Has stainless spokes new wheel bearings and seals new fork tubes new shockies all new bearings through gearbox new sproket and chain new seat & tank the barrel and piston rings big end little end and conrod all new the barrel and piston kit I purchased long before I purchased the bike I was keen for this bike. New guards new chain tubes new float valve and seat and I have new cables as well floating around. all chrome redone frame powdercoated new fork seals new front sproket new headlight and taillight new bash plate new tapered steering head bearings alloy brackets polished etc.

Kombivan
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Kombivan » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:47 am

Well I got my bike back unfinished so I'm finishing it off now got more parts to get and I'll start with some pictures again. The conrod kit has been fitted with barrel and piston. The wheels are sitting in place but not fitted up got many little bits to source. Personally I don't think there was a problem with the head studs they are 8mm and the holes in the head were 9.5mm I have put cleats in but I think they are not really needed. gotta tension head and tension flywheel and fit mageneto cover and I have some fitting to do to the kick start got it chromed and now it doesn't fit together. so I am undecided wether to get the spare chromed or fit the one that is not fitting. emery paper will help it fit together.

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”