What bike to buy

Discussion about trials pushbikes & bicycles.

Moderator: Moderators

rjjbc
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: pee wee

What bike to buy

Postby rjjbc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi all
I am looking to buy a bike for my 2 young boys (6/8) they can both ride a bike but never used a cloth as yet they have a pee wee 50 which both have out grown and a 90cc quad each. i am tring to get them off the quads and onto a trials bike. i have been looking at a few bikes and now very con fussed . i have looked at the oset 16, 20, beta 20, gas gas cadet 80 .
the boys are 1.2m and 1.4m in height what do you think. and also is the oset racing worth the extra and what is the beta 2o like not much info any where.
thanks
rik

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: What bike to buy

Postby David Lahey » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Try Gas Gas 50 for size. They are good for that size of kid if you want a petrol engine
The standard OSET 20 is what I would buy if I wanted electric (unless I won lotto)
I haven't seen a Beta 20
The bigger kid will need a bigger bike than either of those soon though

relax, nothing is under control

rjjbc
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby rjjbc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks for that

paulo
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby paulo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:46 pm

I just recently moved my son up from an oset 20 that he grew out of. I can definitely recommend the osets as a great bike and almost zero maintenance for dad. My son never really got into his though, i think maybe because of the lack of engine noise? They're probably easier to come by than the petrol engined trials minis

rjjbc
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby rjjbc » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:50 am

Where did you sell yours as they seem hard to find second hand. And for the price of a new one you can buy a good second hand petrol one.

paulo
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby paulo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm in Brisbane. There always seems to be one or two for sale on gumtree or ebay. If you find one interstate you should see if someone on here might be able to help out with transport before you give up on it.

Pat_
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: GasGas
Club: TCV

Postby Pat_ » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi Rik, I have 6,8 & 9 year old kids, the 6 year has been on a beta 50 for about 1 year and doing fine, he is almost ready to move up to the GasGas 80 (clutched, small wheeled )he has had a few rides on it but likes the beta 50 better, I would say he will riding the 80 full time In the next 6 mounths, my 8 year daughter is happy cruising around on the crf 50 and is not comfortable on an trials bike just yet. My 9 year old daughter is riding a GasGas 80 and has been for over a year now, previously on the beta 50 I see her moving to a big wheel 80 next year or so. So for your kids I would go with the GasGas small wheeled 80 as they will grow into it, it will take awhile for them to work the clutch out so I would keep the bikes they are riding now so they can ride both, I think the key to it is make it fun.

Pat.

Return to “Bike Trials”