Has anyone bought a bike from here??

Discussion about trials pushbikes & bicycles.

Moderator: Moderators

jeza_1988
Junior participant
Junior participant

Has anyone bought a bike from here??

Postby jeza_1988 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Hey has anyone bought any bikes off aliexpress.com? I'm looking at this http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/51 ... alers.html

acerat
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: 450 excr

Re: Has anyone bought a bike from here??

Postby acerat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Ali-barber is basically ebay over their so its buyer beware!! its a good price and looks like a good deal but maybe to good to be true. Free shipping? that worry's me and the fact that he is will to bull shit to customs about the real value of the goods just so you the buyer can avoid taxes? i mean one thing to do as lots do but to advertise the fact you do?
mt 2 cents

Neo
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 06 Sherco 250
Club: TCC

Postby Neo » Tue May 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Most likely it's a real ECHO......BUT as AliExpress do not accept PayPal (no protection), but do accept Western Union (the Scam'ers favourite), I wouldn't touch em with a barge pole!

All the best.
Neo

"Nothing more and nothing less than the vision of success"..... Ryan Leech
"TRIALS....It's not life or death....It's much more serious than that!!".....

Gbill1000
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: 2009 Echo Control
Club: Fat Tyre Flyers

Postby Gbill1000 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Here is a statement from the Echo website:

Dear Customers:

A word of warning about purchasing our bicycles through Taobao /Alibaba International; We have found that many customers have bought their bicycles through the Chinese auction site Taobao/Alibaba International. While we don’t discourage free-enterprise we do feel it is important to discourage customers from purchasing their bicycles through Taobao/Alibaba International. First, you cannot be certain that the bicycle you are buying is actually a new bicycle. In fact we have found that often these bikes are second hand, refurbished units. Second, if you buy a bicycle through Taobao/Alibaba International it is not under warranty. If you find the bicycle has some damage or problem there is nothing that our dealer network can do to help you. In short it is always best to buy your bike from an authorized dealer. To find the dealer nearest you simply follow the link on our site.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Echo Bikes

There are several authorised dealers in Australia, so the best bet would be to buy from them - that way you will have a warranty!
Cheers,
Owen.

manxman
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: TL125
Club: Coona MCC

Postby manxman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 pm

would probably say NO. Aliexpress are the agents, they take credit card details but hold on to the funds until you confirm receipt of goods and then pay suppler. If they don't arrive in time stated, then the money is returned. Or so they say. I am currently awaiting US$26 to be returned as there is no sign of the goods. It will be interesting to see if it ever comes back. The 'free' shipping is by China Post which is not known for speed or efficiency.

pop
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: klx

Postby pop » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 pm

I get my stuff mostly from ebay now, usually from US, UK, China and Australia, but unfortunately the OZ deliveries are :x not the best, usually slower then from the other places, more often defective or old/returned item, but the worst is the lack of information about the item im buying on the site. I actually dont expect much when dealing with a local company. I hope it improves or we will be cactus. ](*,)

Gbill1000
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: 2009 Echo Control
Club: Fat Tyre Flyers

Postby Gbill1000 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:11 am

pop wrote:I get my stuff mostly from ebay now, usually from US, UK, China and Australia, but unfortunately the OZ deliveries are :x not the best, usually slower then from the other places, more often defective or old/returned item, but the worst is the lack of information about the item im buying on the site. I actually dont expect much when dealing with a local company. I hope it improves or we will be cactus. ](*,)

Hi Pop,
If you ever receive bad service, I would encourage you to contact the shop directly with your complaint, and if they don't give you a satisfactory reply - go ahead and name them and shame them. I am certainly trying to provide excellent service, and am always trying to improve, so always appreciate customers' feedback. I think most retailers would feel the same way. :D

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:38 pm

I'd have to agree with GBill1000, as an OZZY trials business we bust our arse to give the best service we possible can, and have, I think, proved that well and truely with customers in every corner of Australia.

We are agents for ECHO bikes, and they are a really great product. I'm sure you will be very happy with it if you get a genuine one through their dealer network in OZ, whether that's through us, or any of ECHO's other sellers.

We will happily take your call POP anytime, and service and advice is always free, forthcoming, and extensive.

I hope the obvious hiccups you may have had with an Australian seller were just a once off, and it doesn't taint you from the bunch of very great guys and girls who have genuine trials businesses in Australia.

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

pop
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: klx

Postby pop » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 am

:P Thankyou gentlemen, my very few disappointments have definately NOT been with your businesses. I think overall the two wheel industry is by far less stressfull to deal with then any other industry.

Return to “Bike Trials”