Junior class sections

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

bikerpete
B grade participant
B grade participant
Club: TCV

Junior class sections

Postby bikerpete » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:46 am

My son is looking at entering his first trial at Glenmaggie and we are wondering about the section setting for junior classes.

He is 14 and we've seen that the plate colour for Open Junior is Blue. Does this mean Open Juniors ride the same blue marked sections as C grade? He probably isn't up for that as a relatively new rider.
If that is the case am I reading the rules correctly that he could enter Clubman instead?

Thanks.

PA
2IC
2IC
Bike: Beta EVO
Club: AJS Moto Trial Club of SA Inc.

Re: Junior class sections

Postby PA » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:42 pm

Junior should be White plated and ride the White line.

Club-person & Junior (white). C & over 40’s (Blue), C+ (Blue with a cross) Classic / Twin-shock (Blue). B & Masters (yellow), A (red), Expert (red with a cross), Sidecars (red or yellow).

bikerpete
B grade participant
B grade participant
Club: TCV

Re: Junior class sections

Postby bikerpete » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:58 am

Thanks PA.

The MA rule book says Junior 7 to U13 White, Open Junior Blue. My son's 14 so plate should be Blue according to my reading of it?

OMCC Ryan clarified that there is a Junior Clubman class at Glenmaggie, so all's well. I'll go with Blue plate and ride the white lines for him.

So many classes to run! Must be a bit of a nightmare resulting, but makes for plenty of winners I guess.
For people like us who are non-competitive and just want to have a play at an event I can certainly see the attraction of Gate Trials - largely irrespective of the class you entered it sounds like you could just pick the obstacles that are at the right sort of challenge level.

Return to “Trials Talk”