Air-cooled Mono class?

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Air-cooled Mono class?

Postby sharvie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:38 am

Well you have to take a risk sometime in life, so let’s open the can of worms

Should MA introduce an air-cooled monoshock class?

Currently the poll says – 72.6% yes and 27.4% no.

Well, I will be up front as say I voted yes, because anything that encourages people to participate in trials events sounds good to me.

On the other hand you can successfully ride a twinshock on C grade late model mono lines, so why couldn’t an air cooled mono be ridden on C or B grade current lines competing against new bikes. A competent rider should be competitive on an air-cooled mono.

What do you think?

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

brt650
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Bultaco 350 Sherpa T
Club: DMCC

Re: Air-cooled Mono class?

Postby brt650 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:29 pm

I think it's a great Idea if you go to mono class. That way can I have your TLR?
Can I trade my Italjet on it?
Thanks
Brian

Reinald
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: SWM TL320 1982
Club: WDTC

Postby Reinald » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi Steve,
How you going?

I reckon 73% yes vote says it all. As long as local clubs have flexibility to decide whether its a good thing for them or not.

Also as a casual observer and infrequent participant of VMX, watching the new classes appear such as evolution and pre 85 etc appear allowed potentially lower cost bikes and younger guys who associate with that period for whatever reason to get amongst it.

I reckon your point about encouraging participation in trials generally stitches it up.

With this said there is still some great events that are class/era specific and have heaps of riders.
Cheers
Mark C

I'd rather be a D grade participant than an A grade spectator....

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby sharvie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:40 pm

brt650 wrote:I think it's a great Idea if you go to mono class. That way can I have your TLR?
Can I trade my Italjet on it?
Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,
My TLR has been dismantled for about 16 months, I will be dropping the rebuilt motor back into the frame tomorrow. Trust me I am excited, I hope to have it complete by the end of August.

About tradding the Italjet, ehhhh... probly not. I have spent a lot of money on the TLR and have decided it would be better if I stopped adding the bill.

Surley the only reason you support the air-cooled mono class isn't to get your hands on my TLR

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby sharvie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:00 pm

"Also as a casual observer and infrequent participant of VMX, watching the new classes appear such as evolution and pre 85 etc appear allowed potentially lower cost bikes and younger guys who associate with that period for whatever reason to get amongst it."

Hi Mark,

I agree making a class that may associate with riders during the air-cooled mono period is good. The question for me is what is stopping them from getting involved now?

Steve.

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

Return to “Trials Talk”