new to trials

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

bevel
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: ty175
Club: pcra

new to trials

Postby bevel » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:10 pm

hi all,i'm interested in giving trials riding a go i know very little about trials as i have road raced most of my riding life, (bit of dirt early on ) i have purchased a couple of ty175"s one is going well the other a donor , i am 59 yrs young so i just love to ride for fun, i'm in the Newcastle area so any advise on clubs etc would be great , at the moment i'm in the pcra club with current MA lic but only for the tar, any tips and input would be appreciated cheers Marty

motocentral
Dealer
Dealer

Re: new to trials

Postby motocentral » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:08 pm

If you're in newcastle & you have a twin -shock trials bike then you are very close to one of the best twin shock trials areas in the country. I am sure someone from the Denman trials club will get in touch & get you out with some like minded youthful riders.
The denman club run some of the best trials events for twin shock bikes in the country.

Play with Gravity

Andy Daly
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby Andy Daly » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:18 pm

Good day Marty , I will be happy to walk you through getting started .
I have just sent you a PM with a contact number so give me a shout aye !
Regards Andy Daly

katostrom
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TY175
Club: Denman

Postby katostrom » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:18 am

Hi Marty
Yes plenty of twinshock riding around here.
Denman trials are a great place to start, have been riding there, also on a TY175, for a few years recently however missed the last couple of seasons, other interests getting in the way :roll: but still got the TY and thinking about maybe restarting comps soon.
If your after some informal practise "Richo" runs some regular casual practise days out at his place at Bishops Brigde which are good easy fun, just keep an eye on this site and he posts them up.
Also if you need somewhere to get started I have a few acres with some simple man made sections which I use to keep my hand in as best I can :lol: you are most welcome to have a play on these if you wish.
Live just north of Maitland , will pm you my phone no.
Regards
Terry

bevel
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: ty175
Club: pcra

Postby bevel » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:05 pm

thanks Andy & Terry i will give you both a call next week, been out of town, cheers Marty

Husky61
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby Husky61 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:01 am

Hi, I am new to trials and live in Newcastle also. I've just purchased a Gasgas TXT 280 2008 model, which obviously doesn't fit in to the twin shock category. Does the Denman club cater for newer bikes?

Cheers,

Andy

katostrom
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TY175
Club: Denman

Postby katostrom » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:34 am

Hi Andy
Last year Denman ran events for twinshock only and modern/twinshock mixed, I think they ran them alternatly throughout the season.
I am not currently riding their series so not sure of full details or what they have planned for this year but hopefully some active members may chime in with more details, or you may be able to find some info on the club website.
Regards

Return to “All about....me!”