Excited to be part of it

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Dann1400
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Looking for one
Club: None yet (perth)

Excited to be part of it

Postby Dann1400 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Hello all
I cannot believe that over my 20 odd years of riding (road mostly ) haven't really come across trials before. My son has been riding a PeeWee for about a year now and is getting a little bored going around in circles. So I started looking for a junior club so he could have little competition and enjoy a social scene, that was how i stumbled upon trials, now we are hooked and both need bikes.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears to be a great family friendly form of motorcycling. I think that my wife might even have a go.
We live in Perth. I am 40 , my son is 5 and my wife is somewhere in between :D I don't know what to get for myself , but I am thinking an Oset for him. We are going to X Trial and he is booked in to have a go on one which eill be helpful . What ever we get i am sure its going to be fun.
Cheers
Dan

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: Excited to be part of it

Postby David Lahey » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi Dan and welcome. Yes an OSET is a good choice for a 5 YO. Electric trials bikes make it much easier for the minder/parent not having to restart the motor. My son had a Peewee and an OSET 16 at the same time (in 2007 when the first OSET came out) and preferred riding the OSET.

relax, nothing is under control

Return to “All about....me!”