Hello from Gold Coast

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Martymonster
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: 77 TY250D
Club: Logan River Motorcycle Trials

Hello from Gold Coast

Postby Martymonster » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:30 am

Hi all,

Thank you for letting me register to the forum.

Just bought a 1977 TY250D, in rough but usable shape. Apparently was used by the previous owner in 2017 Nationals and pretty much sat since.

A few cosmetic issues, incorrect rear guard, missing front guard, MX handlebars, home made seat and bash plate, and a broken side fin on the cylinder head is about the crux of it.

This is my first Trials bike, and I will be joining our local Club to hopefully make some new friends and learn about trials. I will restore the bike after I've 'gotten to know it'. I was born in '77 hence the attraction. I have recently restored a '77 Z50J1 Honda monkey bike for the lounge room! :)

My partner and I ride 'old pommy bikes' ('50's model Matchless and BSA singles) at local historic motorcycle rallies etc, and love them too.

Thanks again, and hope to learn much and enjoy a new challenge for my 'getting old now' body - yep.. I'm 43. :wink:

Twinshock200
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Classics & Twinshock
Club: SQTA

Re: Hello from Gold Coast

Postby Twinshock200 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi Martymonster
Welcome to the TY Yamaha fold.
There's a wealth of knowledge on this site and many others regarding our trusty TY's so don't be shy to ask questions.
I have a few at the moment including 175's and 250's and seem to do more restoring these days than riding but at 74 years of age its probably for the best.
Anyway, enjoy your 250D
Cheers

Pre 65 Classic bikes

Return to “All about....me!”