New Rider to SEQ

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Henry
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: TXT280

New Rider to SEQ

Postby Henry » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:45 pm

Gooday Everyone, I've recently purchased a 2015 gas gas txt 280 and am thoroughly enjoying bouncing about in the paddocks at home. I learnt to ride on my fathers 75 TL250 in the late 90's, which is a world apart from this 280. I'm looking to join a trials club in South East Queensland in the near future.

I'm also on the lookout for a 50cc (beta/sherco/gas gas/vertigo) for my 7 year old son, he's outgrown his ttr50 and is very interested in the trials bike.

Cheers, Henry

Grassy
Junior participant
Junior participant

Re: New Rider to SEQ

Postby Grassy » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:57 pm

Hi Henry,

There are 4 really active clubs in SEQ and my advice would be join them all :D All have facebook pages if you do a search for

Logan River Trials Club
Southern Queensland Trials Club
Trials Club of Queensland
Western Districts Trials Club
(Alphabetical order, not in preference ;-))

If time is an issue it might be best to choose one located close to you though, whereabouts are you?

I have a Beta 80cc Junior for sale that would be perfect for your son from a size perspective. Its advertised on the Trials bikes for Sale FB page and there are a few vids on youtube on the Channel 'Grassy Trials'

Cheers,

Jeremy

Henry
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: TXT280

Re: New Rider to SEQ

Postby Henry » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:52 pm

Hi Jeremy,
I'm based in Warwick two hours west of Brisbane, I've had a quick look online and there are quite a few club options! I might take your advice and join all to begin with. I don't have facebook though, deleted my account 6-7 years ago, perhaps I may have to venture back there :?

Could you PM me the details of your beta 80, I'm really keen to get my son onto a bigger bike before he loses interest. And I'll head to youtube and have a look at the videos.

Cheers, Henry

Return to “All about....me!”