RE: Womens Cup

Discussions, newsletters about matters relating to women in trials.

Moderator: Moderators

Sherco Blonde
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: 2009 Sherco 125
Club: Logan River/SQTA

RE: Womens Cup

Postby Sherco Blonde » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Hey,

Not really a topic however, i was wondering as soon as anyone has any information regarding the Womes Cup~ Dates, Venue ect.. could they please let me know

Thank-you and Regards,
Sherco Blonde :P

mel&themonty
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Montesa 123
Club: DMCC

Re: RE: Womens Cup

Postby mel&themonty » Tue May 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi
Was thinking about making an effort to go to the women's cup this year but I have a question.
Would I have to ride a mono shock to be in the women's cup or could I ride my twinshock?
Cheers

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

Postby BAT Woman » Fri May 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Hey Sherco Blonde & Mel,
great to hear you are thinking of coming to the Women's Cup! It is always a fun trial & really special to have so many women riding. Don't know if you are coming from interstate or not but you could make a week of it, with the Aussie Titles being held the week after & they are very keen to attract as many woman/girl riders as possible.
The Women's Cup has a Women specific class for every grade.
Expert Women for those riding B grade
Sport Women for those riding C grade
Novice Women for those riding Club grade
Junior Women for the U16 girls
Sub Junior Women for U12 girls
and this year there will also be a Master Women's Class for all the over 40 Women!
So, come & be part of the celebration of a week of trials in Canberra & Sydney.
If anyone is interested we could organise a get together, perhaps afternoon tea, for everyone.
Now,perhaps we could have a show of force of who is coming & what class they will be riding.
I will start it off, I will be riding both events, in the Master Women's class.
Who is next?
Bev :thumb:

Sherco Blonde
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: 2009 Sherco 125
Club: Logan River/SQTA

Postby Sherco Blonde » Sun May 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Thank you for the information, looking forward to coming down to the womens cup as well as the aussie titles we are definately going to make a week of it as we are coming down from SOUTHEAST QLD, my brother and i will be riding Open junior and Junior womens at both womens cup and aussie titles as well as trying to talk my dad into riding post classic at the titles :roll: :lol:

kristie
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: scorpa
Club: pacific park

Postby kristie » Wed May 13, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi all,

Not that there was ever any doubt, but I will be at the Womens cup and the Australian Champs, will also be available for some practice during the week between if anyone is interested?

Toby, maybe we can make a new class for women that ride A grade at the womens cup, it could be called Super Women :wink:

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

Postby BAT Woman » Thu May 14, 2009 4:24 pm

At present, Women riding A & B will be Expert Women with the higher grade rider taking top place. Michelle & Kristie seem to have dropped back to B grade for the last few trials, so I did assume they would be riding B grade at the Women's Cup.

By the way, congratulations to Kristie for completing her 1st Scottish Six Day Trial. A huge effort in what looked like atrocious conditions & I can only assume by the her last 2 day's results, some kind of bike or body issues. She will be able to ride mud better than most now, six days of bog riding across the moors is more practice than we would get in 10 years! Looking forward to hearing how it went from the Kristie herself & hopefully a report for the Women's forum? I am sure she will be full of Scottish folklore on her return.
Again, well done!! To finish is a feat in itself.

Bev

Return to “Women in Trials”