SA Women's Cup

Discussions, newsletters about matters relating to women in trials.

Moderator: Moderators

Sherco Girl
Junior participant
Junior participant

SA Women's Cup

Postby Sherco Girl » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Well done to SA for running what looks like (and from what I've heard) a very successful Women's Cup. It is great to see events like these being organised and supported. So a big thank you to the organsing team.

I am really excited to see when looking at the photos how many girls were there competing. South Australia must be doing something right when it comes to the promotion and encouragement of women riders. Perhaps they could share their secrets with the other states so we can continue to grow the trials community.

Im very disappointed that I was unable to make this event but hopefully can be back on my bike for next years SA Women's Cup.
While thinking about next year perhaps the organisers might like to consider running the Women's cup on a date very close to the Australian Titles since they are also in SA? Imagine if we had the 20 or so girls who rode this years SA women's cup plus all the other interstate girls from NSW, QLD, etc. who might be in town for the Aussies compete too. Imagine if all these girls also entered the Australian Championships..... the women's class might end up with more entrants than the open solo class.

Anyway just a thought.
Again well done SA

Cheers
Sherco girl
(Michelle Coleman)

PA
2IC
2IC
Bike: Beta EVO
Club: AJS Moto Trial Club of SA Inc.

Re: SA Women's Cup

Postby PA » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Excellent turnout.
Womens Cup.jpg

Taste Eden Valley's Karina Kroehn (holding the sign), and the cast of the 2010 Taste Eden Valley SA Women's Cup
(back from left) Shelby Lonie, Jasmine Tarrant, Sofie Kraft, Tyler Hogan, Brooke Lonie, Ina Halls, Samantha Jay, Taste Eden Valley's Karina Kroehn, Chloe Whittle, Kristy Schultz, Brigit King, Mel Redway, Alex Long, Gwen Blseing, Rebecca Wines, Barbara Greenhalgh,
(front) Daisy Evans (left of sign), Hilary Stephens, Robyn Evans
(Absent) Heather Button
PS Elyse was disappointed not to be there due to having her Wisdom Teeth out on Tuesday. :(

Great effort by the Keyneton Club in getting so many here for the SA Womens Cup.

Return to “Women in Trials”