Using a trailbike

Got a technical question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr Peter
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Beta 80 Senior (2023
Club: TCV

Using a trailbike

Postby Dr Peter » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:03 pm

So, forgive me if I am commiting a cardinal sin. but after a very long time away from dirt bikes I went along to a come and try trials day. I liked it, but, asked myself the question, do I go all in for trials or maybe take a bet each way with an old trail bike (a 2002 DT 175 for purely nostalgic reasons)? I'm a pragmatic type and so I take the each way bet with a trail bike.

The DT is geared down (it chased cows slowly in another life) and I have altered things to suit standing up riding. It has recreational registration and knobbies. I have been practicing slipping the clutch and going slow, but little wheelies are a current challenge

I would like to use it to dabble, so to speak, in trials at best, or slow trail riding (some call this cross-training) at most.

Any advice from the forum - am I entirely in the wrong section? Or is it possible to create a starter trials bike from a dual sport? Has anyone else done this? What are the basic steps?

If the bug bites then I reckon a replacement trials bike is on the horizon.

Regards,
Peter

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Re: Using a trailbike

Postby The Hell Team » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Your welcome to ride the Pacific Park Trials Club trial on Dec 3rd (at Pacific Park, South Maroota) on anything you see fit to bring. Just have to make sure it has a MOB kill switch (Man Over Board - lanyard type)

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

Dr Peter
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Beta 80 Senior (2023
Club: TCV

Re: Using a trailbike

Postby Dr Peter » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:30 pm

All day drive is a bit far, just starting out. Thanks for the tip regarding lanyard, MOB, switches. Don't know much about them.

Return to “Technical help”