2010 Sherco overview

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Col Zar
C grade participant
C grade participant

2010 Sherco overview

Postby Col Zar » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi All,

For those of you eagerly waiting for a real look at the 2010 Sherco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlB2tjc5gxo

Enjoy

Col Zar

motocentral
Dealer
Dealer

Re: 2010 Sherco overview

Postby motocentral » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:53 am

Another one here testing suspension settings on the new bike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdwNZdNJtUw

Play with Gravity

flatslide
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Any sponsored bike

Sherco 2010 First Impressions

Postby flatslide » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Martin turned up in Canberra with his brand spanking Sherco so we took it out to a secret location and had a bit of a ride. Unfortunately Moc has a bad back at the moment so couldnt really put the bike through its paces, he still rode it like a dream though.

The Good: First impressions of the Sherco 2010 is that its awsome! Nice light nimble front end and rear still nice and light. It has an excellent weight distribution especially noticeable when on the back wheel. Hopping on the back wheel feels feasible for non Expert riders. Has very good balance and nice smooth clutch action with very soft power at the very bottom end which comes on really smoothly making it tractable and controllable. The bike also looks better in the flesh than in photos, it has a really good quality finish and appears it will be a breeze to work on in terms of access to air filter etc.

The Not so good: I only have an '09! I thought it was fantastic until I rode the new bike, the differences arent huge when riding, its just a few small differences that add up and when riding you can tell this is definately head and shoulders over the previous versions. The only slightly disconcerting thing is the exhaust is sometimes against your inner thigh when you are riding, it never felt like it may burn at all and its probably just something to get used to occuring sometimes.

There is a short youtube clip doing a mono in the backyard - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9hjZteKZuo
I was a bit worried about looping out Moc's brand new 2010 but it didnt happen. Phew!

There was something very unfortunate that occured on the day though, spare a thought for Shane who had a stack after about 10 minutes of riding catching his brake finger between the bars and a rock splitting the end of the finger open, tearing off the nailbed and breaking the bone diagonally between the knuckle and first joint. He wanted us to take him to the hospital but hey, it was our first time out with the 2010 so he had to take himself. He has to have an op to sort it out and he'll be out of action for up to 3 months.

The Observer
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby The Observer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:24 pm

So....
We have a dedicated observer for the next 3 months ???
That's 2 NSW Opens & 2 TCC Club days - great
Can Shane still scratch a scratchie???

sdeane01
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Sherco
Club: TCC

Postby sdeane01 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Hmmm i recall differently!!! You guys were most helpful and offered to take me to the hospital but it was me who said i would take myself. That said, thanks to you guys for helping with the bike and loading it. I am not only gutted about no riding but also as i missed out on a test ride!! oh well 3 months wait, but i hope for less. will depend on when i get the op. have been bumped back two days now. fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Greg Harding
Golden Basket of Smiles
Golden Basket of Smiles
Bike: NUMEROUS
Club: LRMTC & SQTA

Postby Greg Harding » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share a veteran competitors opinion. My first impression is at last, chrome fork legs, the most durable finish ever! No tools to access the air cleaner with an intake in the most logical position and a flat element, BRILLIANT! This is my forth Sherco 250 (02,04,07) plus I have ridden most models from 80's up (given half a chance I will ride ANY bike as I like to form my own opinions). My bikes are standard out of the box with the exception of a slow action throttle as this helps my brain to keep up. The 2010 bike has a shorter gear lever which gives a very precise action complimented by a very smooth progessive clutch action. Most impressive to me is the silky smooth power right off the bottom, which is the best I have felt on any 250 or over Sherco. Having ridden two different 2008 250's and played with the two map settings, I found it hard to distinguish the difference. However on the 2010, I would know if someone changed it for me! Riding the bike today certainly put a smile on my face as the weight distribution, nimbleness and feel really is confidence building.

Look forward to the 2 day trial at Jimboomba this weekend!

2017 Newsflash: RUST IS THE NEW BLING !
Team Hardwood, the only licenced trials riders in Coffs Harbour!
Miles of Smiles
Greg Harding

Return to “Trials Talk”