TY Trials UK.. Internet shopping dissapointment

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

llewdaert
B grade participant
B grade participant

Re: TY Trials UK.. Internet shopping dissapointment

Postby llewdaert » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Update, I still have not received anything. John has refunded my money and asked that I pay when the goods arrive. All the stuff I have read about sick wife, other interests, etc,makes sense.... but now I dont know where I stand or what is happening.

I want the parts so I can keep the bike resto moving-

I do want to deal with a nice guy..... but I want some kind of timely delivery. I dont want to be told the parts have been sent when this is absolute B### S###.

I am done with this internet shop.

Scott

scott stephens
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby scott stephens » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Hey Scott I agree with you.

Who gives a toss about a bloke and his sick wife , just get your clunker restored and make ya self feel good !

You have the spirit brother !

Maybe take up another sport as well !

My Warmest Regards

Scott Stephens

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Fantic
Club: Otter Vale

Postby FM350 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:25 am

If you are looking for a reliable and knowledgeable source of parts for TY Yams, then its well worth contacting Birkett Motosport here in the UK. Nigel holds a wide range of parts for these bikes, and was also directly involved in the development of the TY 250 Mono, and is able to help with technical issues also.

llewdaert
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby llewdaert » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Thankyou for your help.

FM350 wrote:If you are looking for a reliable and knowledgeable source of parts for TY Yams, then its well worth contacting Birkett Motosport here in the UK. Nigel holds a wide range of parts for these bikes, and was also directly involved in the development of the TY 250 Mono, and is able to help with technical issues also.

Jon V8
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Ty250,Ht5.
Club: Bath Classic

Postby Jon V8 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Well Scott Stephens,with a statement like "Who gives a toss about the bloke and his sick wife" I hope you have the best of luck in your life.Ever heard the term "You reap what you sow" ?

Twinshock200
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Classics & Twinshock
Club: SQTA

Postby Twinshock200 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:47 am

Slow down guys, I think in Mr Stephens defense he was being sarcastically humorous and I smiled at his comments as they were obviously tongue in cheek.
The point is there are obviously personal problems with the business and it might be more astute to just buy elsewhere if you don't like the way you are being treated rather than air the dirty linen on the internet.
There are people in this thread who don't have a problem with the business so its a case of do it their way or buy elsewhere.
I've never purchased from them as I don't have any sort of TY, but I do like to see fair play
Twinshock 200

Pre 65 Classic bikes

scott stephens
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby scott stephens » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Hello Twinshock200,

Yes you are correct I was being Sarcastic !

Maybe its best in a forum I put sarcasm in brackets .

I think your article is 100% correct.

" Don't pay me until the parts turn up" is Spanish for " get your parts somewhere else mate ! " ( Sarcasm )

Regards

Scott Stephens

NonstopRoss
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TL250
Club: Waitemata

Postby NonstopRoss » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 pm

I've had no reply to four emails over several weeks. However, when I called I did get through to John Cane by telephone at the end of May. He said that he is changing premises. It would appear that the business is just overwhelmed at the moment. Understandable considering his personal circumstances. I wish his wife and family well. However, as a customer looking to spend with his firm, I''m acutely aware that his web site says the part that I am looking for is "due in 2010".
I wish the business a speedy return to profitable health as well.

It all started with a KT250 that was so light that it once floated away during an ambitious river crossing.

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”