2017 One event Competition Licence !!

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

ianrogers
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Beta Beta Beta
Club: SQTA

Re: 2017 One event Competition Licence !!

Postby ianrogers » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:13 pm

It's alright Roger, your not the only needle in the haystack with similar convictions. In fact I personally know over 75 active riders that feel exactly the same way as you so you can rest assured that your not on your own in this non-winnable battle you're engaged in.

"The older I get the better I was"

MAG66
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: beta
Club: WDTC

Postby MAG66 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:59 pm

The moral of this story is just pay your money and shut up

BOGWHEEL
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Bultaco
Club: TCQ

Postby BOGWHEEL » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:47 pm

So your House , Car, motorcycle insurance, electricity, rates haven't increased in the last few years?
You should try road racing, and see what a good deal trials is.

Jools
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: TL125 TY175 GG280
Club: VJMC

Postby Jools » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Goodonya twinshock. There's a man with PRINCIPLE!

The whole point is, it's of no consequence at all if our 'other' charges have gone up... "house, car, insurance" etc... get this: They are all commercial organisations who's WHOLE reason for being is: TO MAKE MONEY. That's absolutely not the point... not what we're all here for. Our admin should not be motivated by profit, they should be encouraging as many people as possible to get involved with this wonderful sport. They should be making it CHEAP AND EASY to get involved.

The whole point is, our sport admin' need to encourage people to GET INVOLVED with as little cost and hassle as possible, surely!

Eg... I'm on a pension, I have a son (ex A grade) who's battling mortgage costs and costs of bringing up 2 kids. His two sons, if they got involved, would be an absolute ornament to the sport, but because of cost, they are probably not going to go there.

Just think what it would cost us, x1 grandad, x1 son, x2 boys, just to go along to one trial on one sunday. Add it up.
I am lucky enough to have 30 acres of prime trial country here, so we can all get up here and have fun for free, but the 'sport' as a whole is the loser. What about those who aren't so lucky to have my 30 acres or deep pockets? Well I guess they'll just go trail riding won't they?

I have great respect for the people who run the sport. I know they put in SO much voluntary effort. I just think that sometimes it might be a little too easy for them to get submerged in the many issues that come up, and maybe it's too easy to forget the real GRASS-ROOTS issues. GET THE KIDS INTO IT!!! Make it EASY!

Dirt_drifter
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Gg280
Club: Wmcc

Postby Dirt_drifter » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 pm

My problem with MA is it just feels like money for nothing. The clubs and committed members are what make it happen, they're the ones that should get the money.

.. using Tapatalk

Stout
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Ossa TR280i
Club: TCC

Postby Stout » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:44 am

In NSW it has not been possible to ride an Open on a one event licence. If the new licence structure makes this possible, then we will in fact have gained something.

Terryg
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby Terryg » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:40 pm

I use to ride but never joined the MA because of all the fee's, I thought why pay to keep someone in a job.

Really what do they do it's clubs who should be getting the money as they do all the hard work....what is needed is a lot more clubs like SQTA where you can ride for the day without emptying your wallet.

I'm an old fart I use to pay $15 for a yearly club membership and I even received a nice plastic number plate....and it was $10 to ride for the day they as they knew I would fall off and not make it a full day... :mrgreen:

Just my 2cents worth.

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: SHerco, TY250
Club: Wollongong

Postby Stu » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:16 pm

good onya Terry G, bring back the easy days!

Feet up, as always!

Twinshock200
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Classics & Twinshock
Club: SQTA

Postby Twinshock200 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10 pm

Well, well, well, surprise surprise, I see that the $25 recreational licence is no longer available,,,,, !!!!!!!

Pre 65 Classic bikes

Return to “Trials Talk”